If you had but one choice…
So today I put it to the test and here are the results;
- 12 copies of my new book The 5 States of Success arrived today, normally I would think OK who needs to read this to get the word around about this book. So coming from a place of love I said “to hell with that, who matters most in my life?” and I signed a copy for each one of those people.
- About 6 o’clock in our house can be bedlam – those of you with children will know that this is the ‘witching hour!’. I needed to finish some work and was drawn to do this rather than get into the madness of feeds and baths, but I put off my impatience and played with the kids which bought my wife some time to do her things.
- An ad came on TV for people starving in Somalia, normally I switch channel as I find the images difficult and saddening. Today I did the same but vowed to do something to help. A few hours later a girl from Concern a charity working in Somalia to save lives called at my door looking for me to set up a standing order to help. The girl nearly fell over when she didn’t need to do a sales pitch as I said “Where do I sign?”. To which she responded “you have reaffirmed my faith in human nature – thank you.”
If in one afternoon this change in how I approach life could have such a dramatic effect as to support my family, share with my loved ones and help those in dire need, what would it be like if I took this approach for a week, or maybe a month, or maybe a year or perhaps maybe even a lifetime?
I believe that the effect that I would have on the world would be phenomenal. Now imagine what would happen if lots of people were to do this. What sort of world might we be able to create? The answer is so tantalising that I won’t attempt to put words on it, for no words could capture how good it would and can be.
So this is what I am going to do. I’m going to give this a try for a week. I’ll journal what happens and keep notes and if it looks like something that could go further, I am going to try a project “365 days from a place called Love”. Maybe you would like to try this too and share your insights.
Just in case you think this about religion or some other agenda it’s not. It’s about an experiment to see what effect you can have by choosing to operate from a place of love rather than a place of fear. I’ll share this journey with you and I tell you what works and what doesn’t, what I succeed at and what I struggle with.
So what do you think? Would you be up for the challenge? Maybe click LIKE or SHARE if you would be….
Thanks and have a great day,
BTW This is all about the 5th State of Success – the State of Spirit; which creates Purpose. for more see www.the5statesofsuccess.com
- Can success in your career be matched by happiness?
- Pat Kenny speaks about the Yin Yang Complex on RTE Radio